STATPAC IS HARD AT WORK FOR YOU EVERY DAY ADVOCATING ON YOUR BEHALF TELLING YOUR STORY TO LEGISLATORS.
Legislation that directly impacts your practice is being debated in Trenton. And STATPAC represents your interests so you can concentrate on being the best emergency physician you can be. Anti-physician rhetoric is rampant. But now is not the time to give up!
NOW IS THE TIME FOR ACTION!
This is our year of continued political advocacy … building on a 20 year tradition of increased awareness of emergency medicine and the work of emergency physicians. We need to maintain our specialty's interests … like we maintain the interest of our patients.
ADVOCACY EFFORTS ON BEHALF OF EMERGENCY MEDICINE AND OUR PATIENTS
- Support efforts to coordinate communications across emergency departments and health systems to improve patient care, interactions and outcomes.
- Promote innovative programs to combat the prescription opioid problem to give providers options they can use to effectively alleviate pain without resorting to highly addictive medication.
- Limit restrictions on ability to practice “out of network” and correlating reductions of out of network payments for emergency medicine.
- Monitor scope of practice expansion of allied health professionals, including APNs and physician assistants.
- Promote medical liability reform geared towards those who provide EMTALA-related care
- General advocacy for the practice of emergency medicine to improve work environment, patient safety and outcomes, violence in the ED, public health issues . . . and more.
Your contribution to STATPAC is an investment in your future and the future of emergency medicine. Help us help you — 24/7.
Our goal over this new two year legislative cycle is $60,000. Our campaigns are conducted over a two year cycle to mirror the legislative cycle. We are proud of the strong history of STATPAC, one of the strongest PACs among the entire New Jersey house of medicine.
Donors will be publicized on the website.